Payment apps: A unique way to settle bills
Payment apps have made money management and bill payment much simpler. You need never miss a bill payment again when you have a good money transfer app on your phone.
If there is one thing you intensely dislike doing, it is paying bills every month.
There is no getting away from paying bills. From house maintenance to water charges, and from phone bills to gas bills, you appear to be swimming in bills of all description all month! Add to that bills for DTH, broadband or mobile hotspot/dongle, power bills, other building society charges and property tax bills, and all your time is spent in keeping track of all the bill payment dates so that you are not late on a single one.
It is a thankless job, and a never-ending one. Which is why you should not suffer with it any more. Just enlist the help of a good payment app to sort out your bill issues in a jiffy.
What are payment apps?
As the name suggests, a payment app is a smartphone app that helps money transfer for bills. The bill in question could be a utility bill for your home, or a postpaid phone bill, or even a restaurant bill that you wish to split with your friends. The payment app facilitates easy money transfers so that you don’t have to transact in cash or swipe your card to pay. You can set up bill payment due dates on each type of bill, so that you never miss a payment wherever you may be.
The payment app is linked to your bank account and the money is debited from the account in real time. You don’t need to add beneficiary details while making the money transfer.
The best payment apps offer ease of use, complete security and multiple functionalities. Take, for instance, the myAirtel app. It pays all your bills, saves your money, helps you shop and get amazing discounts, recharge your phone and DTH, etc.
Which is the best payment app?
We recommend downloading the excellent myAirtel app on your smartphone. It not only pays your Airtel phone bills and recharges, it pays your utility bills and phone bills of other mobile service providers, too. You can download it free of cost from the Google Play Store for Android phones or iTunes for Apple phones.
This is how you can use the myAirtel app for bill payments:
- Flick open the myAirtel app on your smartphone – just tap the icon to start.
- On the home screen, you can see your Airtel or non-Airtel mobile number being displayed. Alongside, there is the bill amount due and also the ‘Pay now’ option. Click on it.
- Now the screen shows the total bill amount – check if all details are correct and proceed to click on the tick mark shown on the screen.
- Now a fresh screen pops up, displaying the different payment options you can use to pay the bill. These include Airtel Money, mobile wallet, net banking and debit/credit cards. Click on your preferred option to proceed.
- Verify the bill amount and enter the OTP as prompted.
- The bill payment is now complete. Close the app.
- You will receive an SMS alert from the utilities/phone provider that the bill has been paid.